View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #10
jc10

Term Limits our only hope!!!

I'm not about to express my party/political preferences because I believe there is something more fundamentally wrong with Washington.
BOTH parties, regardless of stated political views, have their sites set on only one thing --- to get re-elected and to increase their majority (code for power/influence) in House and Senate. The greater the power/influence they have, the easier it is for them to provide cover for each other (make each other look good "back home") for re-election. This "swamp" is so deep in both parties that we, the American people who are supporting our "representatives" (yea, right!), suffer because they can't (refuse to) agree on anything that is in best interest of our great democracy.............this makes me deeply concerned about the world my grandchildren and their children/grandchildren will be facing. In my view, imposing term limits on US Representatives and Senators will ensure a steady flow of good people who are there for the right reason - to serve the people who voted for them. And, if they do not, it won't matter that they are supported by a political "machine" ($$$) because at some point they will no longer be eligible for the privilege of working for us.