View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc10 View Post
I'm not about to express my party/political preferences because I believe there is something more fundamentally wrong with Washington.
BOTH parties, regardless of stated political views, have their sites set on only one thing --- to get re-elected and to increase their majority (code for power/influence) in House and Senate. The greater the power/influence they have, the easier it is for them to provide cover for each other (make each other look good "back home") for re-election. This "swamp" is so deep in both parties that we, the American people who are supporting our "representatives" (yea, right!), suffer because they can't (refuse to) agree on anything that is in best interest of our great democracy.............this makes me deeply concerned about the world my grandchildren and their children/grandchildren will be facing. In my view, imposing term limits on US Representatives and Senators will ensure a steady flow of good people who are there for the right reason - to serve the people who voted for them. And, if they do not, it won't matter that they are supported by a political "machine" ($$$) because at some point they will no longer be eligible for the privilege of working for us.
I agree
And many others agree I’m sure also
There must be a way to get this done by we the people because they are not going to cut their own throats, they just vote themselves more raises.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.