View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
scottw

I wonder where Emmett C. Burns Jr. (D-Baltimore County) ever came up with the idea to send a letter on official stationary to the owner/CEO of a private company demanding that the private company silence or punish one of it's employees for something that they said ...

hey, at least Emmett C. Burns Jr. (D-Baltimore County) didn't try to distort Brendon Ayanbadejo's remarks

btw..before Spence makes another silly comment, I'm not defending Burns, the thread is about Kluwe's letter ...I agree with Kluwe that Burns should not have sent the letter attempting to use his capacity as an elected official to intimidate a private comapny reagarding policy's for it's employees.....Burns should be accountable for his actions...but he didn't violate anyone's First Ammendment Rights, Brendon Ayanbadejo was not and has not been prevented from speaking as far as I know and I think the Ravens responded accordingly....I hope that Kluwe has read and supports all of the Constitution and not simply a handful of words that feels support his points...the First Amendment is pretty clear "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH"...
I don't think any laws were made abridging Ayanbadejo's speech....and then it degrades from there

Emmett C. Burns Jr. (D-Baltimore County) has the freedom to do something foolish and then suffer the consequences, Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe's has the freedom to write something foolish, and ....well...where do you go from there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!BTrH)bQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBKJsdNf5s!~~_12.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	52987   Click image for larger version

Name:	smear_letter2.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	52988  

Last edited by scottw; 09-10-2012 at 04:33 AM..