View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #25
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

Quote:
Originally posted by JPowers
I'll ask my wife if it's ok with her.

BTW, I think she could beat the hell outta you. Tough cookie!
JP any one can kick My ass
tonight I twinkie'd out
the other day I pulled down some plugs , I broke the lip off some bombers and belt sanded them smooth ,then I bent the eye as You would see on a danny so You can tune it.
I used these along long time ago around here.
anyway 90 sumtin the bass chow'd a chart back with a pink belly bomber.
well I took a can of paint it pearl and painted the plug over I pearled it out. so anyway I put this thing on after tongin about 10 very twinkish bass
it was mental I had to crush the barbs.
usually on the bombers. You should pull either the front hook and that will be You bomber for waiding or You should pull the Middle hook, most do.
replace with a 2/0 vmc up front and either a 2/0 or 1/0 in back
I use a 1/0 in back I dont want to slow down the action of the plug.
I had a Yozurie plug with an orange belly I pearl'd that out along with some A salt bombers.
This is trick I pearled a pearl bomber.
The Asalt bomber in wonderbread I guess. I just tone'd it down
If You Guys notice that when You are tossing say an all chrome with black back bomber, as the paint peels its a bone color under the paint.
Notice How that will kill bass messed up and a new one wont some times .
Its the bone color.
on other nights when Im tossing black and gold chrome if there is one speck of white the bass wont touch it.
another thing to do is I was testing the water with My plug to see if it was needle time. and I was hardly cranking on the lure at times ( I did throw a sexy BassMaster needle in eat Me Plueble )
any way You can drop Your rod and sweep jerk the plug drop the rod to Your side and jerk puase 3 times as You pull to the side.
why the side, this will give You alonger sweep to impart action and will make the bomber run a tad deep.
some times this will get You fish.
You can sweep the rod back and reel and move the rod towards the plug if You can follow My drift.

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote