Thread: NMFS TUNA NEWS
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
I get what you are saying but it is harder for the gov to track catch if recs dont report the catch. Im a rec guy and still dont know how i feel about it. One thing to consider is, Does a rec guy really need a 600 plus lbs fish? I wouldn't know what to do with all that meat.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You want to know what really happens when "recs" (guys without a capt's lic, appropriate equipment and permits) go fishing for and bring home a 600# fish...

They loin it out and sell it to restaurants who only want a loin or a portion of a loin. Few places even want an entire fish like that as they can't use it all fast enough.
Does this fisherman report anything? ... You have to be kidding. Nothing gets reported from the buyer or seller.

I am telling you the entire fishery from Feds down to the local government needs to be completely gutted and re-thought from the top down.

I try very hard to follow all the rules, but it makes me sick when many "professionals" just circumvent the system for their own convenience. Granted many of the rules suck and they don't make much common sense but I would like to see rules that provide the incentive for the angler (rec or comm) to do the right thing.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote