Thread: Island cops
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #26
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
The place I wrote about in Ct was a classic speed trap. It was so safe that it was OK to pull over 4 , 5 ,6 cars at a time along this straight away because there was no problem with safety , even if you had several cars and officers on the side writing the tickets. Now it only happened once a year on a sunny day in the spring time but I know I get nabbed each and every time. The worst part is the repercussions down the road with insurance premiums. the actual fine is the cheapest part of the whole thing.

Now just to be even handed here , I remember one time I was in RI and late to meet my girlfriend in Worcester to go out to dinner for MY birthday. I was flying up 146 and saw way down the road my headlights hit the emblem on the side door of a police cruiser. I just came in for a landing right next to him in his hideaway spot . No need to argue , I was way over the limit. He just laughed at me pulling over without him even blinking his lights and gave me a warning along with a "Happy Birthday". . I appreciated it too cause at that time I was worse than broke.
Never wrote anyone on thier birthday either, Saltheart.

We have one of those trailers that myself and the safety officer placed at different areas around town. It not only scores popints with the taxpayers putting it someone for a few days, it actually helps to slow people to a respectable speed.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote