View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
flyvice11787

Quote:
Originally Posted by luds View Post
I know it's still early in September but I've been asking my locals about Dogfish Punkin and they say I need to wait until the end of the month. From one spot I hear that it's the distributer that's creating the problem and from the next I hear that dogfish is impossible to deal with.

It's not just the Punkin Ale either. Fresh Market (Whole Foods like grocery) has stopped selling Dogfish, their more common brews seem out of stock or in short supply in other places, and the spots that I used to enjoy Dogfish on tap no longer have it.

Are we just sol with Dogfish in MA? I know you can find it but in general there has been a decline and given their success (Discover Channel Show) I would expect the varietyies of their beer to be pretty easy to find.

I should be able to have a Punkin with the Pats opener. You can't get it here but you can get it in Texas.

If the Punkin is available somewhere a heads up or PM would be very much welcome.
I believe there's a real shortage this year. Shortage of pumpkin carried over from last year (try finding a can of pumpkin pie filling in the supermarket) and possibly smaller volume by DFH. One local beer distributor by me who specializes in micros was allocated 1 case by the company that handles DFH.

Not sure if you've tried it, but you might like the Southern Tier Pumpking. It comes in a 22oz. bottle, with an 8.6% ABV. It's a little too sweet for my taste, but you might like it.
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote