View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Go rent a place to live in Manhattan, park slope, Cambridge and see what gentrification and liberalism has done. Just what do you think the problem in SF is, oh I know it’s liberals. The place should be like Oklahoma or someplace controlled by the right, no issues in those places they buy them tickets to SF
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Fixed it for you.

"Just what do you think the problem in SF is, oh I know it’s liberals."

That's part of it, is it not? Gentrification can also go too far. That doesn't mean that poor communities would benefit from laws that prohibit rich people from moving in.

Most of life is about balance. KS went too far with consevative tax cuts, it failed. CT has been a 40 year experiment in pure liberalism, it has also failed. What are the places that are booming, where upper middle class people are flocking to in huge numbers? There's Boston, which is big and liberal but still a great, well-run city. Most other booming places seem to lean right - TX, TN, Carolinas, FL. Many cities in NH can't build $500,000 houses fast enough. CT, which SHOULD BE a place that people are competing to get into, is shrinking. There is a reason for that.

"The place should be like Oklahoma ".

Once again, responding to something no one ever said. But there ARE places out there, thriving suburbs (which need a nearby job center) where families are flocking to in huge numbers. The 2 that are probably the most hot lately right now, are the suburbs of Nashville and the suburbs of Charlotte. There are plenty of crappy places near those cities. But there are some well-run places near those cities, with very low taxes, and a very high quality of life. It can be done. I have first hand experience with Franklin TN and Fort Mill SC.

Pete, how many liberal places are there, which have a very high quality of life, and a very low cost of living? Are there any? The suburbs of Nashville and Charlotte are right-leaning. CT has exactly zero places to live, which are (1) beautiful family places, and (2) cheap. None. Zip. Zilch. How come?