View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #66
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
from your earlier link...

"Over the roughly 12 hours between the start of the attacks and the time the last Americans were evacuated from Benghazi"

12 hours? You're saying that there were zero American military assets that were within 12 hours of Benghazi? And you say I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about? Twelve hours?

If it's true that not one American military asset was within 12 hours of Libya (and no one believes that's true), that's another scandal, given all the threats that were reported in Libya.
Once the Americans arrived at Tripoli the threat was far less and I'd assume not requiring special forces. If I remember right they left on an Air Force transport. This wasn't like the fall of Siagon...

Quote:
Spence, according to you, not only was Stevens denied the extra security he asked for, but we didn't have any military support in the same hemisphere? On the anniversary of 09/11, in Libya, after getting reports of increased threats, Obama/Clinton didn't have a single soldier within 12 hours. That's what you are seriously saying? And you think that's acceptable?
No that's not what I'm saying.

Quote:
I heard there was a special ops team that was 4 hours out (Croatia, maybe?).
Ok, so let's get this straight:

The Mullen investigation didn't know about your Croatian team.

The House investigation didn't know about your Croatian team.

The Military leadership who testified under oath didn't know about your Croatian team.

Rep. Howard "Buck" McKeon, R-Calif, Chairman of the House Committee on Armed Services didn't know about your Croatian team.

These people are all clearly incompetent because you Jim, heard something.

-spence