View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 05:21 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
First off WND is a tabloid and Aaron Klien an Obama hater. Your article is from 2013 when the DoD released the timeline of events in 2012. It's intentionally manipulative and not supported by facts.

The quotes in the piece don't substantiate the claim made in the headline.

Jim, if you'd take the time to read any of the already published information...you'd know that the special forces training in Croatia were given orders to prepare to deploy to Libya just after midnight, they didn't reach the staging base in Italy until 8pm the next day. An hour later the FAST team from Spain arrived in Tripoli.

i.e. There wasn't a special forces team in Croatia that could have been there in 4 hours.

Perhaps people have watched too much Iron Man and Captain America to think we can just jet people instantly across continents.

-spence
"i.e. There wasn't a special forces team in Croatia that could have been there in 4 hours."

So here is my question. How long after the attack began, was the nearest special forces team (wherever that was) in the air, on their way to Benghazi? Has that question been answered? I didn't see any mention of that in the timeline you posted?

"Perhaps people have watched too much Iron Man and Captain America to think we can just jet people instantly across continents"

I don't fit in that category, I do know a few things here, though I'm no expert on special forces.

It's not possible that there weren't any troops we could have gotten there within the 12 hours that lapsed between the start of the attack and when the last American left. It is a 100% certainty that there was a special forces team closer than 12 hours out. I don't know where they were, but someone was within 12 hours.

It does not tale very long to get a small team in the air within 30 minutes. That's why they are called quick reaction forces.

If some people are overly influenced by Captain America, others are too enthralled with Obama to the point that they are not capable of doubting anything he say or does.