View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And some here deny his lies even when it is pointed out or say "what does it matter".

He lied again when he just said that an intelligence briefing was delayed from Tues to Friday. He also said it was bc "perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very Strange!"

"A spokesman for the director of national intelligence declined to comment on Mr. Trump’s claim. Senior administration officials disputed it, saying that no meeting had been scheduled for Tuesday.

I never thought we would see an argument bt America's intelligence organ. and a murderous foreign dictaror in which the American President (elect) sides with the dictator.
Whatever happened to the axiom about how can you tell when a politician is lying--when his lips move?

Why are we automatically assuming that Trump is lying not that the administration or its "organ" isn't? Has the CIA always told us the truth? Has this, or any other, administration always told us the truth?

I think that its been a long, long, time since we've been told the truth about how we are governed. I heard Schumer's statement yesterday about how the Dems were going to hold Trump's feet to the fire. It was filled with a steady stream, from beginning to end, with blatant BS, threats, lies, exaggerations, stretching, and gross, typical, political speechifying.

It was disgusting. But to be expected. I could not fault him for any of it. He was working his base. Protecting his turf. Trying to influence for the next election. Creating a mirage for the media to disseminate which can influence the "masses."

That's what politicians do when their lips move.

Trump has, no doubt, witnessed the technique of political lip-moving for a long time. Now that Trump, not even one of our beloved politicians, is mastering the method, taking it as you put it, to another level, it's all that seems to matter. There's not even a discussion about policies. At most, there was the claim that he did not have any. Now the claim is that he's abandoning them (the ones he didn't have).

Maybe if Trump can keep the media focused on his "lies," he can sneak some "policies" through the swamp we call the political process.