Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm surprised nobody has remarked about the quite surreal response by the NRA given after the Newtown tragedy. Even usual conservative papers are drilling into LaPierre for being a nut case. got any examples?

Why is it that the NRA can't even have an adult conversation about tho topic of gun violence (With whom, Joe Biden? pleeeeze....the President?...nope..he's off bodysurfing in Hawaii for a few weeks and at a cost of many millions for his entertainment as the country slides into economic distress, but we've got his number if we need to get in touch...right???...how about Harry Reid?...he can't pass a budget never mind have an adult conversation.....the attorney general...he's not big on conversations and they are usually 1 way and race related... )without going into near apoplexy over the notion that a weapon was even at the crime scene? tough to find a good productive conversation these days...ain't it?

The NRA has the potential here to add constructive representation to the firearm violence discussion which is going to happen this year like it or not (I'm pretty sure there's been a long ongoing discussion on the topic of firearm violence)...but this early position I think has done much to hurt their credibility and likely their membership as well. membership appears to be soaring

-spence

strictest gun laws in the nation I think...Obamaland

Since Jan. 1, Chicago police have recorded 2,364 shooting incidents and 487 homicides, 87 percent of them gun-related. Shootings have increased 12 percent this year and homicides are up 19 percent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...391_story.html

Last edited by scottw; 12-23-2012 at 01:51 PM..