View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #52
scottw

what's $25 out of your pocket to improve your own health? how about being responsible for yourself rather than looking of a gimme...

Spence asked...

"What I ask, is for how much we spend, why aren't we more healthy as a group?"-spence

healthy people/populations don't need and/or use the healthcare system as frequently and therefore spend LESS

the exception would be a population enjoying free government healthcare like Japan where they take full advantage of the entitlement to it's detrement

higher spending on healthcare does not translate keeping healthy people healthy....that's up to them, unless you plan to force everyone to live a healthy lifestyle.."for the good of the State"

Actually, many company plans offer this as an incentive to change your lifestyle.

this is fine Rock, it's optional but we now have statesattacking through taxation products and activities that they "the State" deem unhealthy, it's just the beginning to government telling you what you may and may not do regarding your health...especially if they are providing your healthcare services...

Obama stated that most of healthcare spending is near the end of life..this is certainly not spending on healthy people to keep people "healthy", it's spending for procedures necessary to keep them going as their bodies break down....in some cases due to some degree of unhealthy living but ...they're old....

"What I ask, is for how much we spend, why aren't "those old people" more healthy as a group?"

"What I ask, is for how much we spend on education, [B]why aren't we more educated as a group?"

"What I ask, is for how much we spend entitlements, ........

note that as soon as you guys start down this road to socialized healthcare to any degree you immediately start to dictate what others should be doing regarding lifestyle...really? a free gym membership is the solution to a healthier America? you can't be healthy and exercise unless someone gives you a free gym membership???? Are you going to wheel the unwilling into a gym and beat them till they exercise or just fine and jail them???

I think we are defining WE differently these days........

Last edited by scottw; 09-29-2009 at 06:44 AM..