View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
PaulS

I hate your kids!!

Not really but....

Have some good friends who refuse to get baby sisters. Take their 6 and 8 year old everywhere. I refuse to have my expensive dinners ruined b/c it's 9:30 and the kids are cranky and they knock over glasses of wine or play with the fire exit doors. Every time we ask them to go to dinner, they bring the kids. If I say "If you can get a babysitter, do you want to go to dinner Sat. night." They say OK, and then late Sat. say they are bringing the kids. If the reservations are for 4, we end up waiting for a table for 6.

Dad is a MIT grad, Yale professor. Mom has a Master's in engineering and neither knows how to discipline their brilliant children. The kids run around restaurants bothering other people. People, waiters, etc. make comments to us and give us the eye - the parents don’t blink I hide under the table. The parents don't even bring a book or a toy to entertain the kids.

Asked them to go to the movies a few nights ago and then out for a drink. I pick a non kid friendly movie. They say no but later call and say we're going to the same movie theater and maybe we all can go out for drinks. I say, we wanted to go to a certain bar and I don’t think it is kid friendly. They say, the kids won’t mind. I end up going home b/c the wife doesn’t want to lie to them and not tell them where we’re going.

Wife says the kids love me. I say its b/c I try entertaining them in the rest. so they don't make a scene.

I'm done.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote