View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
you guys are sounding a little too much like the "other" site.
there is plenty of valuable info you can give.

I'm no expert, but I've fished that area enough years of my life to give you some guidance.
In the fall, the fish are moving. I'd concentrate on the major points in RI - Brenton, Beavertail, Pt Judith, Watch Hill. These areas can be treacherous to fish (think dead) so do your research, go down during the daylight and snoop around. You also have the breachways in south county. Charlestown has the easiest public access. It can be crowded on an outgoing tide and there are unwritten rules on how to fish with others, just observe and you'll get the hang of it. Id HIGHLY reccomend fishing the channels in the breachways versus the ends with teh crowd, on an incoming tide, fish will stack up on the curved, points, holes. I'd do most of my fishing at night with live eels. The daylight bite at dawn can be a blast for smaller fish if the bait is there. I would pack a heacy rod for eel fishing and a lighter rod for schoolie fishing. Small plugs, rubber shads, sluggos are all you need. Stop by one of the local tackle shops, pick up some eels or plugs and ask them for advice. All the hot shots might pretend there are secret spots but the reality is that the fish are here one day and gone tomorrow, move around, scout the water and find the bait. be safe, Im not kidding how dangersous some of these spots can be.
NOSA! Man i have been doing it all wrong. Dont listen to him fish the ditch all the fish are there!No feesh in RI
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote