View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The statement had nothing to with religious beliefs but rather the laughable feeling that doing something is to "increase dependency on the Feds"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But my statement did have something to do with progressivism and religion. To achieve the transformation of the American regime that was instituted by the Founders constitutional republic, Progressives had/have to eliminate the People's attachment to basic constitutional principles and various cultural traits and institutions, including religion. Those things stood/stand in the way of the authoritarian regime Progressives see as a necessary and historical imperative. Old "norms" had to be "normalized" into a homogenous acceptance of rule by elite experts. Old notions such as self reliance, or individual sovereignty, or state's sovereignty, or God and family being more important than government, or unalienable rights, or certain exclusive rights of association, or even the limitation of the central government to a small list of enumerated powers, had to be phased out. In essence, the central government actually must have supreme power over all aspects of our lives.

So my statement did have something to do with progressivism and religion, and has implications of much more. And I, in no way, meant to disparage your laughable feeling.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-27-2014 at 09:00 PM..