View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Is anything that Trump is holding the Government hostage for going to change tomorrow if he got his campaign promise fulfilled today?
This crisis should have been dealt with two years ago and did not become a crisis until Coulter and Limbaugh told Trump he was a failure if he did not get a wall. He was going to sign the budgets.
Pass the budgets and then show us some win win negotiation, walking out is a NY BS developer tactic that doesn't work in politics.
I'm not convinced that the Republicans want Trump to win this and it's pretty unlikely that he will get a 100% win.
I think they are looking for an opportunity to send him down the road and wash their hands of him to get the stink off.
"Is anything that Trump is holding the Government hostage for going to change tomorrow if he got his campaign promise fulfilled today?"

Nope, not tomorrow. But avoiding the issue, doesn't change anything either.

"This crisis should have been dealt with two years ago "

Why 2 years ago? You give Obama a pass for 8 years of doing nothing? I agree Trump should have done it on day one. But it should have been addressed before he ran. Obama also campaigned in 2008 on fixing this, and he didn't, and he caught some heat from democrats for that, as Trump should today.

"Pass the budgets and then show us some win win negotiation"

Nope. Not in this climate. The democrats won't allow him to get a win, unless he has the shutdown as leverage. They'd rather let people continue to suffer, than let him enjoy a win. It's horrible, but it is what it is. If the democrats compromised today, he'd open the government tomorrow. If he opens the government today, they will never agree to the wall. Their hatred of him outweighs their obligations to serve us.

"it's pretty unlikely that he will get a 100% win."

I don't see how he can agree to anything that doesn't include a wall, maybe some addiitons to the existing structure. Who knows.

"I think they are looking for an opportunity to send him down the road and wash their hands of him to get the stink #^&#^&#^&#^&

I don't see much evidence of that, maybe a few legislators who hate him.