View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #93
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Gotta run because of work but a couple points:

• Hold ALL politicians to a higher standard regardless of party
  • Historical context between administrations does matter
  • I really think Trump is a fool and a tool but he has not been afforded the same level of top cover that a Dem would get - because of Bias.
  • That bias and the disastrous polices of Dem Politicians are why I am no longer a Democrat but a moderate, unaffiliated, generally independent
  • I will put my history knowledge as better than 90% here - which is why I equate evil Commies with Evil Nazis
  • I think the US Constitution is the greatest document to protect human kind ever
  • The First Amendment even protects a s s hole Nazis and Klans and white Suprems - just as it protects good people like us and just as it protects those that would undermine it like Communitst, ANTIFA, Anarchists, etc.
  • If you cannot separate why that is a good thing, even if it protects the despicable showboating of the Nazis then you do not understand or give enough emphasis on the environment that allowed the original Nazis (or Commies) space to grow.

We can have a further discuss later - perfect happy too.
I dont disagree with most of what you have said. However, how Trump has handled what happened in Charlottesville was careless and offensive and ultimately I fear dangerous. There should not be much disagreement about that.