Thread: Environment
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:03 AM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The long term impact will be that the earth will go through various stages or phases of cooling and warming with various catastrophic events. Many species will disappear. Many will newly appear as a result of evolutionary forces. Land masses will appear and disappear. Humans will adjust as much as possible in varying degrees. Our unregulated activities will cause drastic changes in the sun which will affect all life forms on earth, and which will dissolve the solar system in some cataclysmic event.

I say that with all the certainty that climate change believers have in the long term effects of this administration's policies.

Obviously, those of us who voted for the Repubs are too stupid to know what is right and wrong. What science says. And it is obvious that this administration desperately wants to commit massive human genocide, including themselves and their families.

Actually, I don't have the slightest idea about what course the environment will take. You, obviously, know very well and certain.

It's a lot easier, with my limited mental capacity, to stick to things like economics, government, human nature, freedom and tyranny, the Constitution--things that humans have demonstrated an ability to guide in various directions.
You are one sarcastic SOB. I'm no scientist, but everything I've read suggests there is a consensus in the scientific community that the environment is changing due to man's impact. Is it likely we can launch Ben Afleck and company into space the do a road runner move around the moon and split a planet killer; pretty sure that's a no. If a super volcano blows and causes all kinds of climate issues, is that man's fault; pretty sure that's another no. If the Californians who many on this board seem to despise for the manor in which they govern, falls into the sea after the next big one, is that their fault; well I'd say no and you might say good riddance.

Global warming IMHO is real, it's being accelerated by man and to roll back or implement new policies that can only worsen the impact, even if it's only a four year term; is just not taking us in the right direction. The USA has always lead the world in making changes that are taking everyone on this planet in a positive direction, from rules of war, to nuclear agreements and to making change to slow man's impact on global warming.

As the saying goes, you can pay me now or pay me later, the bill will come to those several generations down the road; we will have been long gone.