View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you're wrong.

The problem with the GOP isn't that they're having a great race, it's that all the candidates suck. At least with Clinton and Obama the Dems had a proven quantity and an unknown with great potential.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"At least with Clinton and Obama the Dems had a proven quantity and an unknown with great potential."

Ah yes. Hilary is the "proven quantity". This is the same woman who claimed that on a visit to Sarajevo or somewhere, that she had to dive into an armored vehicle because of sniper fire. When footage of that incident showed that she lied, her excuse was that she didn't get a good night's sleep the night before. Spence, let me tell you something. I have 3 young boys, one was collicky, one had acid reflux. I have been as tired as a human being can get. And never, not once, did my exhaustion ever lead me to falsely believe that I was shot at. If a Republican told that lie, they would RIGHTLY no longer be viable contenders for the office as President. But it's OK when a democrat does it.

And Obama, the "unknown with great potential". This was a guy who was known for 2 things as a state senator in Illinois - voting "present", and for supporting the right of mothers to kill their babies afetr the babies were born and outside the womb. Then he had one half of one term as a US senator, where he accomplished exactly nothing of any significance. So I can only wonder on what you base your assumption that he had great potential...