Thread: Gun Legislation
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #68
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The NRA very effectively spread the notion that any gun legislation was the first step towards the government taking your guns, to the point the government isn’t even allowing funding to study gun violence. Auto fatality rates used to be very high, study, engineering and legislation, has brought that rate dramatically down. Car manufacturers were forced to add seat belts, then air bags, road designs were less banked and laws to license and penalties for operating under the influence and now texting were added.

Lobbyists like the NRA shouldn’t be allowed to buy our policies and if over 250 massshootings only 7 months into a year isn’t a “red flag” then what is. I believe the military and our police forces are where assault rifles belong, the argument you need that for home protection is nuts, you are far more likely to chock to death while eating at Chick Fillet.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

NRA is doing a marginal job of protecting my rights (and yours whether or not you chose to exercise them) from the people that have exactly said that we will - if given a chance - confiscate your guns.

Gun rates are down from years ago. Suicides are down a little, overall gun violence is down. Like Auto deaths. Gang crime (large number) and mass shootings (statistically a small number) are up, like distracted driving and texting deaths.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: