View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #64
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Woodward is facing some heat because he withheld this supposedly very important information from the public in order to sell more books. If it was that critical, he should have immediately informed us. Very cynical or he didn't believe it was that critical.
His excuse for not doing so is very weak.

WOW detbunch not sure if you feel the same way? how can people expect more action from a reporter than the Trump himself

That heat is what true TDS looks like . Republicans blaming Woodward hell 90% OF trump supporters don't believe it any way.. even in a recording of him saying it
It isn't just Republicans who noted that Woodward withheld what he (and you) considered important information. And Trump basically explained it in an April 7 press briefing on the Coronavirus when a reporter asked him about a memo from Navarro which told of the danger of the virus (which Trump and the Dems and the Press and the WHO were all downplaying): "So, at the time, though, when Peter Navarro did circulate those memos, you were still downplaying the threat of coronavirus in the US." Trump response included: " I’m a cheerleader for this country. I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else. But ultimately, when I was saying that, I’m also closing it down. I obviously was concerned about it because I closed down our country to China, which was heavily infected. I then closed it down to Europe. That’s a big move, closing it down from China and then closing it down from Europe, and then ultimately closing it down to the UK. And it was right about that time. But I’m not going to go out and start screaming, this could happen, this could happen."

So Trump basically said, in public, the same thing he said to Woodward not long after that interview and way long before Woodward's supposed "bombshell."