Thread: this is great
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Paul and WDMSO, let me put it another way.

A huge percentage of poor blacks in this country, live in places that are liberal.

So, here's my question...is liberalism working well for those poor blacks, in your opinion?

My answer to that question (which is hell, no) is a big part of what caused me to switch from being a registered Democrat to a registered Republican.

Here in my home of CT, the liberals can't bring themselves to admit that liberalism has been an economic failure in all of our cities. Instead of suggesting that we try something different, they say that the failures are because rich white hedge fund managers in Greenwich aren't paying their fair share. Liberals don't care that those folks pay a ton more in CT than they would if they lived in Florida, so many of them are moving to Florida, which is why now, on top of all our other problems, our income tax receipts are finally dropping like a rock. So we have far less revenue than we thought, and even what we thought we were going to get, wasn't nearly enough to fund all the liberal pet projects.

In business, when you are in a self-perpetuating state of increasing debt and decreasing revenue, we call that the "death spiral". It is a perfectly accurate term. And because my elderly parents refuse to leave, I will be the last sucker left here, paying a 500% income tax rate.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-31-2017 at 09:57 AM..