View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Do you really believe it is the right wing pundits that are stirring up anti Islamic sentiment, or maybe we could put the blame where it belongs....on the Muslims that commit these cowardly crimes. God forbid you blame the Islamic radicals for their actions.
Just a question... does anyone know if there is a plan for a shrine or tribute to those killed being planned in this "community center" I would guess no.
You're blending up a lot of issues into a sticky mess.

There's a very vocal part of the Right wing in this country that's absolutely anti-Islam. Of this I don't think there can be much debate. You also have a punditry who will use "tolerance" issues to attack Liberals in the political area for short-term gain.

There's also plenty of condemnation for acts of "terrorism" all around. I'd note that you say the "Muslims" that commit these crimes and not the "terrorists" that commit this crimes?

As for a shrine, once again you're lumping terrorists with mainstream Muslims. It's almost as if you believe they should feel guilty for 9/11.

The irony in all of this is that it's exactly what Bin Laden had hoped to achieve. Americans taking away the rights of Muslims in the US because of their faith. And then you wonder why there's such anti-US sentiment in the Islamic world...

-spence