Thread: Wind gusts
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #21
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Noon high tide came in pretty good again. One seawall holed and road to Fort Sewall undermined. Saw four houses with trees on them with major damage, couple others hit with branches, and two garages totally flattened. And that's just what I saw. Nothing to speak of at my house. Whole town tree fell at on of the properties I look after, but missed the house. Out of town contractor brought in to help municipal workers had that gone by 0900. Lots of out of town electrical trucks are here to help with restoring power. At least a dozen poles had to have been replaced, if not more. Have never seen such widespread damage or flooding here before.

I was done with my work/clean up, so drove the better half to her noon dentist appt. but could not get within four blocks as tide was coming into Swampscott fast and they were closing the streets. We called the office and told the staff to get their cars out, NOW.... Ended up going to a restaurant, Hawthorne by the Sea, and had lunch at the corner window watching the high tide come smashing onto Lynn Shore drive and Nahant. Was crazy. Saw two story geysers shooting out of manholes 100 yards back from the seawalls.

Last edited by nightfighter; 03-03-2018 at 08:59 PM..

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote