View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #39
Mr. Sandman

Lots to argue about here. Look, the Dems could have passed something a looooooong time ago when they had complete control of everything, and to be fair, they still do.

A couple more things...most people don't see this as tax cuts...exactly what is being cut? for the last 7 years your taxes are what they are ...now on 1/1 they would go up to a federal bracket of near 40% (BTW that number is absurd) Nothing is being cut, they are keeping the status quo that is all. Your taxes will not go down next year.

Now this "rich" business...first while 250K is a lot of money it is not necessarily "rich" and there is a HUGE difference between a small businessman filing an S corp making 250K and LaBron James making 16 mil/year (the person the dems chose and the average rich guy)
Now I know someone making 50K with a family is struggling and there are a lot of people unemployed but the guy making 250K is struggling as well, yeah he has a job and is trying to pay his bills and taxes but he is not rich.
For the most part...the RICH are paying all the taxes in this country, this is a FACT. The middle class and below don't pay much of anything. See chart.

Now I think it is easy to get this country out of its funk. The approach I would take is to: create incentives for those with money to create jobs, esp in sectors that we deem important.
Like what?...Like allowing them to KEEP ALL profits tax free for 10 years IF they create new business and hire US citizens and provide them with proper benefits.

This would provide big incentives for business investment in this country and put people back to work, they in turn would pay income taxes and they would be off the monthly gov't handout list and grow the economy. Further, we have long term issues and near term problems. We have energy and healthcare concerns. I propose we provide a full tax deduction for any family sending a kid to college that is studying science, engineering or medicine. This would provide a huge boost to families and students and provide us with the talent we need downstream. We need more doctors, engineers and scientists. Further I would propose we dramatically increase R&D funding in areas of energy. This would provide the technology push as well as the technical demand (pull). We have too many smart people trying to make an easy buck on wall street or hedge funds trying to make a penny off someone else's dollar and cleverly levering the hell out of it instead of actually CREATING SOMETHING. We need less of them and more of technical types. Technology will get us out of this but WE have to create it.

The dems unfortunately see anyone keeping any profits as a sin of sorts, esp the so called "rich". It is time we see that it is only the RICH who can get us out of this.

Taking their money (via taxes) is not the approach. There will always be ways to avoid them. Incentives is the best way to indirectly get private money to where you need it. Poor people rarely create jobs for others, it is time to be nice to those that can create real jobs.

(I would run for office (in a different state of course!) but I would rather fish and spend time outdoors with my friends and family)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top_50__of_wage_earners_pay_96_09__of_income_taxes_Par_0008_ImageFile.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	42983  

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 12-09-2010 at 09:14 AM..