View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Lots to argue about here. Look, the Dems could have passed something a looooooong time ago when they had complete control of everything, and to be fair, they still do.

A couple more things...most people don't see this as tax cuts...exactly what is being cut? for the last 7 years your taxes are what they are ...now on 1/1 they would go up to a federal bracket of near 40% (BTW that number is absurd) Nothing is being cut, they are keeping the status quo that is all. Your taxes will not go down next year.
Good point, INCOME taxes will not go down. But if this passes, everyone's social security taxes will go down for 1 year, from about 6 percent to about 4 percent. So everyone who pays into social security, will see a 2 percent increase in take-home pay for one year. For me, that's nice because every penny goes into the college fund.

This liberal notion that "wealth" is evil baffles me. All liberals out there, please repeat after me..."wealth is not finite, it's not like a pizza".

What I mean is, if Bill Gates earns another million, that does NOT mean that there's a million less for the rest of us to scrounge for. His net worth has no impact on anyone else's ability to get rich. In fact, the more he earns, the better off we all are, because he is taxed at the highest rate, lessening the tax burden on the rest of us.