View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Here is something I think a lot of people will relate to. She has been there and can relate to middle class America.
I'd agree that her down to earth image will resonate with the middle class, especially the Ted Nugent faction of the Republican Party

But she's going to have to tread very lightly on social conservative and environmental issues. I think the average person believes global warming is happening and believes in the separation of church and state. Sure it will rev up the base, but also turn off the independent voters who are the key to this election. To independent voters, a strong religious rejection of gay rights for instance, is a turn off. Doesn't mean you have to support gay marriage, but it makes them look mean and hypocritical. (no offense Joe)

It also presents a pickle for McCain who's traditionally been moderate on the environment. Environmental issues are going to be a big topic this fall, and he can't be running around saying we need to protect while she's at the GOP underground events preaching denial to the flock.

-spence