View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

A few years back I made a pallet barn, it's three pallets wide and three pallets deep. Last year I put three pallets together and with some help secured them to the back and raised them up to get a roof on most of it. I tarp it with the black side up and if I have a stretch of warm sunny and breezy weather I'll pull back the tarp to get some air.

I picked up 7-8 cord of log length for $700 delivered and rented a 30 ton splitter from a new Shauwnessey in Plymouth, which was the balls. It had a hydraulic lift on the side for the big boys and a 4-way blade that made splitting the smaller stuff a one pass deal. I think I have about 4 cord cut, split, stack and most of it under cover. I have a friend giving my Echo 16" saw a little TLC and then, I need to do some more cutting to move some of the wood off to the side of the driveway.

This week, I've had the wood stove going with some of the left over seasoned wood, but have mixed in a few of the newer ones since I don't need all the heat. I'm much rather have some sun and call it a season for the wood stove.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote