Thread: #SummaCumLiar
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You might also note that the personal ethics that most complain about occurred before he became President. His past actions should not be used to accuse him of besmirching his present office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hard for Republicans to use this argument after the Whitewater investigation and the Clinton impeachment.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Clinton lied under oath while President. He was unfaithful to his wife while President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And Congress spent 80 million and years investigating whitewater and when Starr and his leaky apprentices couldn’t make that or Fosters suicide fly they went after a sex act.
You’re not saying marital fidelity counts for Republicans are you
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
You're changing the subject. And wandering down another rabbit hole.
No, you're wrong.

You said this: "You might also note that the personal ethics that most complain about occurred before he became President. His past actions should not be used to accuse him of besmirching his present office."
Ken Starr and his leaky apprentices, one of whom was Kavanaugh (had to throw that in), spent two years investigating Whitewater, which occurred prior to Clinton's election and when they could not find what they wanted, the Republicans moved on to other things, since they were out to "get" him. That was called "a witch hunt" but by the Democratic minority, not the President.
Luckily for Clinton his approval rating was double what Trump's is and actually increased to 70% the week of his impeachment.
That's a far cry from Trump's, which floats one side or the other of 40%.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin