View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #49
Rob Rockcrawler

It is everywhere now a days. When you read the obit section of the newspaper and someone under 40 dies unexpectedly there is a real good chance it was on OD. My bosses neighbors lost both of their sons to OD's.

I found a needle out on block in the parking lot to the north light. It is everywhere. You can see the addicts all over the place, its really sad. I was hooked on Vicodin in my early 20's, my doc refused to refill me anymore after a back injury. I was so pissed but thanked him a few months later. I am glad heroin wasn't around back then. IT surfaced in Michigan a couple years after i moved out here in a big way. A buddy of mine was found in a motel dead of an OD. There is a chance i would have tried it and lord knows what would have happened.

The drug dealers/cartels are not dummies. They know there is a huge demand for the product. They ramp up production and make it cheap and readily available. The consumer is happy to buy even knowing there is a good chance they will die.

I'm glad the Governor is taking this problem seriously. Part of the solution is treatment. I like what they are doing in Gloucester. Obviously what we are doing now isn't working. I'm all open for ideas as i am sure the Governor is.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote