Thread: Niel Young
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
joe the plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
I saw him many years ago in Providence and he played more piano than he did guitar. A great show. My favorite album with him in it is CSNY 4 Way Street, a real classic.
I knew sooner or later this thread would come to this.My first rock concert was CSNY at the Hartford Civic Center--1978.I worked at a pizza place with a bunch of older---early 20's---guys.I went to the show with them.
There was a guy named Jim,about 220 at the time,bigtime football player in high school.Graduated,and then started going for his Phd in partying.
We drank schnapps all the way from Norwich to Hartford.Now,keep in mind,I'm 17,and I'm wasted going into the place!!
Were in the civic center and the lights go down,show starts,Jim lights em up!!I think there was about 6 combustible cocktails going around 8 guys. I passed out!!!
I awoke somewherein the middle of the show,laying down between the seats and begin puking all over the floor,getting none on myself or anyone.
Show ends and I have 2 of these guys on each of my arms carrying me up the steep stairs out of the civic center.We get to the top and I am relieved I am alive,somewhat coherent,and not a drop of vomit on me!!!
I begin to walk through the crowd under my own power and all of the sudden some dude staggers up to me, and PUKES all over me!!!
I was too screwed up to react.They all just laughed thier asses off at me.I stunk so bad I had to strip down to take my clothes off,throw them in the trunk,and ride home in my underwear so I wouldnt get the rest of the gang sick on the way home.
What do you guy's think? Would Neil Young be proud I saw him at my first rock concert?
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote