View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

This piss-es me off

you know where I stand politcially and love, absolutely love to bash Obama, but.......
- see below
This is pretty crappy imho. The president is making a war speach, granted 90% of it will be BS, but still we should keep our dirty laundry to ourselves and at least appear to be united. Is this normal? I dont remember this type of response from dems or repubs in the past, every time there is a speech.

CNN) -- House Republican leader John Boehner will lay out a "prebuttal" ahead of President Barack Obama's prime time speech on Iraq Tuesday night.

Boehner will speak to about 10,000 people Tuesday afternoon at the 92nd American Legion National Convention in Milwaukee on Iraq and other national security issues, including Afghanistan and the Middle East.

Obama's Oval Office address is timed to coincide with the official end of the U.S. military's combat mission in Iraq.

In an op-ed published Friday in the conservative news site Human Events, Boehner said Tuesday's shift of U.S. forces from combat to an advisory mission "was made possible by the very surge that President Obama and Vice President Biden opposed.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all