View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #22
Mr. Sandman

a pile of longfin about 30# and a pick at yellow fin about 50# . We used the roffs service to outline a break east of hydro near that next smaller unnamed canyon...there were 3 other boats that I saw out there working the same break. One hooked up to a big blue marlin that put on an acrobatic show one hooked a big thresher by the tail as it tail slashed his trolling lure and landed it, and one of the other boats landed a "slob of a bigeye". This fellow was jacked and was having his best rip of the season and was hoping for a nighttime sword to top it off. The day started good. There at first light, after 30 mins of nothing one fellow mention he just got covered up with 5 fish on...he was a few miles away so we picked up and ran to the area, lines in, doubled up while letting out the 4th line. It was the wake up call i like to hear.
This one one of those trips where I did not see much. A little disappointed , very little weed, no birds no bait no surface action exception for the occasional pod of dolphin swimming by.
Time to rest up for the next trip.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote