View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
dannyplug1

help buying kayak

I am in the process of replacing my old wilderness system ride. I am considering the tarpon angler ride angler and a cobra fish and dive. but am having a hard time. What I do is launch and recover in the surf during light seas. I fish along rocky shores and drift/ slow troll eels at night and twilight. I would like to hear any suggestions from those who have these models (I know they come in different sizes). What I want is stability but I dont want the boat to be horribly slow. A few random questions. Is a short boat less prone to be spun arround when you are landing in the surf? How much speed do you loose when you increase the width of the hull from 28" to 30" to 33" or 36" Guess what I want is a stable boat that is not slow as hell. I like my old ride but I want a rudder and the cost is about 200. for that much I think I would rather get a new boat with a better design for carrying tackle and customizing with accessories depth sounder rod holders etc. Its a rambling post but help I am confused!
dannyplug1 is offline   Reply With Quote