Thread: Texas Shooting
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So a bullied teen wears a Trench (tribute to past shooter) coat to school daily and nobody had a clue, sorry not buying it. Searching for all the details of past school shootings possibly could have been flagged if the right people were watching for it. Maybe it’s time to raise the age well above 17 and hold these “parents” responsible when the good boy they never thought capable goes ballistic.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Too many people doing nothing but pointing out the imperfections in proposed solutions. They are making perfect be the enemy of good.

I'm of the opinion that the solution involves a whole lot more than guns (unless you have a way to confiscate the tens of millions that are already out there, which is impossible). We have a cultural, behavioral problem (and in my opinion, a spiritual problem) as much as we have a gun availability problem. Crappy parents, single parents, kid spending 22 hours a day online, bullying, isolationism, the violence we bombard our kids with. The further away we get from traditional family values, the more broken our moral compass becomes.

If we're serious, first thing, you limit schools to 1-2 entrances with metal detectors at each. That will cost $$, but will save some lives.