View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
So ---- we gave a heroin addict a bunch of drugs, he peaked and now will soon crash. We treated the symptoms but not the disease. So, what more can the Fed do? interest rates cant get any lower. Your savings is allready earning nothing. Obama has already borrowed tons of money, will soon be stealing more from the working people and will continue to pump it back into the economy (that means giving it to people that didnt earn it) Real Estate market still in the tank.....
So my question? Obama's stimulus? What a farkin waste of money that we will be paying for my lifetime! I hate to say it but...... I told you so!
You could say most of the same about Bush you know.

As for "stealing money from the working people"...1/3 of the Stimulus or so went into tax cuts to help the working people. Somewhat different from the across the board Bush cuts that delivered the most benefit to the rich.

As for the stimulus being a waste, there still is a general belief that it helped avert a much worse situation or even another depression. If that's the case then it was money well spent.

-spence