Thread: Samantha Bee?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's vulgar for sure but given how desensitized most of us are these days I think some believe you've got to go there to get any attention. Not quite the same as Barr's history of random racist, bigoted and conspiracy minded rants.

She'll get called out for stepping over the line, but if it draws attention to a legitimate issue (which it does) I don't think she'll lose any sleep. By the way, what's more vulgar, calling someone an offensive name or intentionally taking young children away from their families to make a political point?
This is a good discussion about our desensitized society - don't want to get sidetracked with politics. We have other threads for that. I'm a about a generation older so I'm just trying to get a handle on these comments and reaction and some perceived double standards about them. I don't watch Bee but from what I understand she also has a track record. I mean if I told a female coworker she was a C I'd probably be fired. BTW Bee has apologized - give her credit. To continue: For instance my generation always had a problem with the N word - society was always told you couldn't use it. But now it has become popular to use it IF you're black and talking about other African Americans. But if you're Caucasian and say it you're racist. These things just puzzle me.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.