View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Fishing superstitions

So I’m sure we all have some we believe in more than others.

Well happy to report I broke 3 on Saturday.

Left my house around 4am, about 1/2 mile from the house a huge skunk crosses the street in front of the truck.

Thought about going home right then and there as I hadn’t even made it to the main road. Said screw it as I know the bites been hot.

Pull into the lot about 20 minutes later and there’s another skunk walking thru the lot.

So I just shake my head and seriously doubting getting geared up.

Get ready, walk out to the spot, can see fish chasing bait, great sign. I toss my herring donny across the mouth of the river and it gets hammered 20 feet from sure, fat 34” fish, but a fish on the first cast.

Now I’m like this day is doomed.

Fish still breaking all around, can’t hook up, change plugs throw everything, nada.

About 15 minutes later the most epic sunrise starts to happen, figure I might as well take some nice pics seeing this is the nail in the coffin for the day.

Decide to wait for the tide to slack out and turn.

Then it turned on, herring being blown up all over, stripers rolling in 2’ of water.

Left 3 hours later, 22 fish for the day, smallest was 32”, biggest was 38”, all super fat and aggressive, best part was they hitting at the end of the cast, so lots of great fights.

Got a 14 on a K4 Lures 3oz glider, they were all over it.

So far the best day of the season and glad to say I broke 3 big fishing superstitions on Saturday!

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote