View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #102
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

or who's forcing whom, or stunts, or who's forcing whom, and did I mention the debate about who's forcing who? . . . .
I don't think there's much of a debate with regard to 'force'...we can't force each other to do anything(without the assistance of government)...in each of these cases, it is about government force and with the approval of some if it suits their agenda and ideology... Hobby Lobby isn't forcing it's employees to purchase insurance or even the insurance that they sponsor, they could purchase it elsewhere, maybe Obamacare if they find the Hobby Lobby insurance inadequate, the federal government is forcing the employee to purchase insurance or pay a penalty and then forcing Hobby Lobby to provide certain things in their insurance, the Bigot Baker wasn't forcing the couple to do or purchase anything, they were free to go elsewhere to purchase what they wanted, it was government force directed by the couple to force the Baker to comply with their wishes....I see the same people consistently arguing for government force to forward their agenda and ideology with no real basis for their argument other than to imply 'because we're smarter than you"...that's a problem because the Constitution spells out in very simple terms our protections against this government force

Last edited by scottw; 04-05-2014 at 09:03 AM..