View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ok, then how about Congress just does it's job and ensures the Executive Branch operates in an ethical and productive manner?

What you see as a "vendetta" I see as personal accountability. I used to think that Republicans stood for that...perhaps it's why so many fled the GOP this time around.

-spence
As long as the focus of our newly elected congress remains balanced and the safety and security of this great country is not compromised I will be satiated. I would just hate to see people tripping over each other in a mad rush to illustrate "personal accountability" while giving terrorists and individuals who want to harm this country a chance to take a deep breath.

I am not the only person who is extremely interested in seeing what plans this new congress has to cure the ills it has highlighted. There was a lot of rhetoric about getting out of Iraq, and exit strategies during these campaigns without an actual plan ever being set out. I wait with great anticipation.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan