View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
OK John, that is fine but what about any rule about commercial builders posting pics of their stuff that they are proud to just show off? anything about that? specifically? I don't know where the line is drawn. I see nothing wrong with someone who is not a sponsor who wants to join in and put a picture or 3 up of some interesting plugs they may have to show us.
That's fine, just as long as they don't say they can be purchased at X or make transactions thru PMs or e-mails and such.

If someone asks where to by some RM Smith Plugs, it is encouraged for someone to say where they can get them (though preferrably from a sponsor ) but I don't think it is fair for a builder (and not saying RM here) to say you can buy them at XYZ or having someone signup ie Penetrator baits to spam the members of the site. If a commercial builder wants to become a sponsor here at S-B, it is something we can look at down the road...

I guess the short version of the goal is to maintain as open a forum as we can, support our sponsors, and not be an avenue of free advertising because someone wants to take advantage of the open nature of the Internet or this site. I encourage those that may be commercial builders to enjoy the site for the exchange of ideas, meet and get to know the great folks here, and experience the fishincomaraderie that it is but to not look at it as "free advertising". Just trying to find the right balance here... That balance is sometimes dificult

Thanks!

John

(Oh, and this is open to discussion if people want to do so)

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote