View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
scottw

how has your fishing changed....

angler evolution.....I've watched guys go from surf rat to boat owners, chunkers to plug tossers, spinning to fly, inshore to off-shore addicts....I used to spend every promising night swimming out to rocks hurling bucktails etc. into the darkness hoping for the opportunity to be overmatched by a big fish....now I'd rather get up at 4am launch my SUP when the wind is right, see the sunrise and enjoy a good paddle, fly rods and/or occasionally a spinning rod strapped to the deck in case I bump into some fish...I'd rather take people fishing and watch them fish and enjoy the environment than fish myself....I don't fish from shore as much because honestly the pressure on most locations has greatly increased and the trash that you see left behind from fishermen really disgusts me, I'm tired of people who mindlessly encroach when I feel like I've found a little spot just to be alone...not that it doesn't happen on the water, I've been buzzed plenty of times by boats for no reason....I try to avoid fishing weekends when it's full on nutty

what is your happy place(s) when you fish now? has it changed much?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote