View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So since other executive actions have been over turned by the courts this one should be also if it's unconstitutional. Ordering Japanese Americans to camps, nationalizing steel mills or ending racial segregation in our schools weren't the minor things you implied above. You being "wicked smart" should know that (or was it "wicked successful")?

Anyone can file a lawsuit to get this over turned if they think it's illegal or I guess the constitution can be changed to prevent this in the future.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"So since other executive actions have been over turned by the courts this one should be also if it's unconstitutional."

True.

"ending racial segregation in our schools"

Paul, are you seriously drawing a moral equivalence between laws that said blacks couldn't drink from the white water fountain, and laws that say we need to monitor who enters our country? Wow...

I am wicked smaht. Especially compared to some.

"Anyone can file a lawsuit to get this over turned"

Except as we know, and as El Duce is certainly counting on, anyone who crosses the emperor, is labeled an obstructionist racist by every TV station except one. He knows he has a lot of political cover.

I recall Obama had a democratic super majority in congress, for a fair portion of his first 2 years. I wonder why he never touched this issue then? Why now, after the American people have spoken very clearly, and yet their recently elected officials haven't been sworn in yet?

If the Republican House has any stones at all, they'll deny funding, and tell Obama if he wants to do this, he can pay for it out of his own pocket.

This is what you get when you elect a guy whose (1) wife hates this country, (2) spiritual mentor is a deranged lunatic who hates this country, and (3) whose first political sponsor is a terrorist.

Decades from now, people will ask of our generation, how the heck did this guy get elected to anything, let alone to the most important job in the world, when he had zero past accomplishments, except to make people get out of his way because he is black?

Viva El Duce!