View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #183
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
There is Only 1 dim witted child. Who Keeps beating a square peg into a round hole ..

This must be Jim’s sources Dinesh D’Souza, a conservative political commentator, equated the two efforts and said the 2016 bid probably inspired then-President Trump in 2020 to pursue the alternate electors’ route. The scheme has become a focus of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

“I’m chuckling about the fake outrage over Trump seeking alternate electors for the 2020 election,” tweeted D’Souza. He then misleadingly claimed, “The Left and the Democrats were calling for alternate electors after the 2016 election. Trump most likely got the idea FROM THEM.”

In 2016, a small group of Democratic electors pledged to vote for another candidate in the hopes of swaying Republican electors to vote for anyone but Trump.

Justice Elena Kagan wrote for the court.

Four Democratic electors from Washington state who were part of the effort to encourage GOP electors to abandon their pledges were fined $1,000 each under their state’s law. The fifth Democrat cast his vote in Hawaii,

Oh the Horror

While the 2016 effort was aimed at influencing duly chosen electors, the 2020 push sought to create lists of electors who would vote for Trump in battleground states that he lost and where the Republicans falsely claimed there had been widespread election irregularities.

Trump challenges to election counts (which included baseless challenges by Sidney Powell, Rudolph Giuliani, and Mike Lindell of MyPillow) were consistently and firmly rejected as unfounded by courts that examined the issue, so the attempt to replace one set of electors with another would have resembled a coup rather than an attempt to remedy electoral irregularities,

did Dems do that? So please keep preaching your revisionist History lessons that only the MAGA Faithful actually think happened

How do you explain this. 70% of Republicans think Trump won

And Nearly 1 in 3 Republican candidates for statewide office support false election claims

But some how I am the Child . For calling out half truths and Republican deeds before during and on going attempts to influence current elections with deceit and misinformation…

Jim it’s not the 30% of Republicans that worries me ..

It’s That 70%! That should scare the 30% of your fellow Republicans. To death because they are coming for them next And that should worry everyone
except, I've told you 100 times I hate what Trump did. So not one person here, has a clue who or what you're responding to.

Just tell me why I'm wrong when I say that after the 2016 trump win, a small number of democrats in congress tried to steal the election from him? Ignoring me doesn't make me wrong, insulting me doesn't make me wrong. Just explain why I'm wrong?

Add that (explain why I'm wrong?) to a long list of simple questions I've asked you, which you are too scared to answer.