View Single Post
Old 05-10-2001, 08:29 AM   #6
Roccus

<<<So who wants to do this? Anyone? If I get the back up, I volunteer to be the fisherman or the wireman since this is my twisted idea. I think it would be dangerous but if we pulled it off, how incredible would that be?>>>

Yes, well...I think I have a better plan, Patrick. As long as you're volunteering to be the "hit man", let's instead take a harpoon connected to a thousand yards of Spectra or Dyneema 1/2 inch line. We'll have the line coiled up in an old wooden barrel (we can surely coax one out of the folks at Jack Daniels if we promise not to associate their name in any way with this venture). We'll carry this out to the middle of the Bourne Bridge over the Cape Cod Canal...may as well plan on Memorial Day weekend for maximum television coverage of the event.
You can sit in the barrel with the line wrapped around your waist and wave to the passing cars while we're waiting for bluefin to show up in the Canal. When a pod of them passes under the bridge we can use an old Norden bomb sight (acquired from the Orleans Army Navy store under the same deal we hammered out with the Jack Daniels people) to bullseye a passing bluefin.
When the fish takes off up-Canal, the Spectra/Dyneema will pay out until it comes taut at which point you'll come flying out of the Barrel like some sort of marine Evel Knieval and, equipped with a pair of those mini water skis they use for the Ft. Lauderdale water-ski clown act, you'll go rocketing up the Canal leaving a mighty roostertail behind. By the time you hit Cape Cod Bay the strain should begin to tell on the bluefin and I fully expect the fish will be gradually worn down by Patrick, the Human Drag.
By the time you hit P'town many Japanese buyers will surely be waiting waving $50,000 checks at us - as your business agent I'll deal with those greedy scum - and the only glitch I can see is if some confusion breaks out on the streets of Provincetown over the arrival of Patrick-in-Drag, rather than Patrick-"the"-Drag. But, judging from your recent posts, you appear to be a person of maximum flexibility and I'm sure you'll be able to improvise something to handle the situation.
The time is here, Patrick. Fame awaits you. Say the word...I'll set the wheels in motion.

Jerry Vovcsko\res ipsa loquitor