View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #25
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I’m pretty much done and have been for a couple weeks now.

The amount of small fish down here this Fall has been impressive to say the least. I stopped fishing for them, but it’s been pretty cool watching the schoolies march 5 min from my place for the last month. One day there were thousands of fish in the first wave, not moving , appearing to be sunning themselves. Those fish wouldn’t feed, but then just 15 yards out you’d have fish that were chewing like crazy. Just wild to watch.

I’ll probaby fish here and there for the next month, but no big fish chasing. I never fully recovered from two knee surgeries last Fall. Quickly realized how health and physical conditioning are key to having success targeting big fish from the surf (go figure), and even just being out there in general. I managed some decent fish, but it was frustrating not being able to get to certain spots due to physical limitations. Got to the point where it was really bumming me out these last two weeks. Have to keep reminding myself that I’m past a year cold turkey with no cigs, I find solace in that. I start back up with PT today and getting in shape will be a top priority this winter.

Good luck to those still pounding away. Good conditions with the New Moon coming. Onto next year for me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rob, my knees are one of the reasons I haven't been in the surf this Fall. I can't jump rocks at all. Gonna get a "re-surfacing" next year when we get back from SC. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote