View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #88
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The Russians only "interfered", if their actions had some effect, correct? No, not necessarily, You can try and fail at something.Did the polls change materially after the email releases?They where released in a slow drib and drab way to get maximum news value so if the polls dropped it is tough to say. Comey's anouncement had more of an effect via the polls if you look at before and after.

You say the Russians interfered. You can make a pretty good case. I can make an equally good case that what happened, is that the Democrats got caught behaving unethically. If they didn't behave that way, the Russians would have had nothing to gain by giving the emails to WikiLeaks. Funny, no one is talking about that.Donna Brezile deserved to be fired. The question she released was expected but still releasing it was sleazy. Anyone would have been able to answer that question. It is not surprising that Wasserman Shultz favored Hilary as she was a Dem. for a long time vs Bernie who was an Indep. Plus Hillary was expected to have a better chance.

If my school tells me that my son is misbehaving, and it turns out that he is in fact misbehaving...the last thing I care about, are the details of how he got caught.If he was accused of taking something and hid it by putting it down his pants and was made to drop his pants in public any parent would be upset - not the best example but....Or would Watergate had been ok if it revealed something sleazy/wrong/illegal?

Fix the cyber-securityThe DNC had lousy security and when a FBI called them he was forwarded to a help desk and that person didn't believe he was an FBI agent.. But why is the left not talking, not even for a second, about the behavior that is brought to light by the emails.

I haven't heard a single person say that the hacking isn't a concern. I think there have been threads/post before this downplaying the hacks.

No one on the left seems upset by what your side was doing during the primary and the general. All you care about is shooting the messenger (who may deserve to be shot), but you are pretending that the message doesn't exist.
I'm not ignoring either sides actions but am admittedly giving more weight to a hostile foreign govern. actions then to actions of our own. Is it a double standard that it bothers me more than what we have done in Chile or Argentina when we tried to influence an election – sure. I view the hacking as closer to Watergate than Jimmy Carter’s grandson taping a Milt Romney speech where he was a bartender. The "election" isn't just what occurred bt the time the polls opened on 11/8 and when they closed.