View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
That is awesome! He did pretty well!

I want in on this IDPA action, how do I get involved?
Check with your local club, see if they know anywhere that hosts a match. Unfortunately I don't think you have alot of options up your way but that could change. Or check idpa.com , see if there are any local matches near you.
If you try it and like it you can then join IDPA. You don't need much for equipment, a strong side holster,dual mag carrier and any form of concealment garment like a vest or zip up sweatshirt (gun must be drawn from cover,unless that stage requires a different starting position) .After that you can shoot in a classifier, that will give you your class you shoot in , competing against other shooters in that class. There are different divisions for all types of guns. I tried it once at my club and loved it, I'll shoot in at least two matches a month from now until the weather comes back and shuts it down.
There are other similar types of shooting too, USPSA is like IDPA but has different rules, steel matches etc..whatever it takes to get out and have some fun between the tides!

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote