Thread: Vote Hard
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #58
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Registered mail gets special, secure, treatment. I've had registered mail to me get lost and never found. Some found later after much searching and tracking.

I have a mail order business as a side source of income for many years. I've had to accept the fact that a small percentage of mail, to and from, would get lost, much would arrive at various times from late to on time. Sending anything by US mail is not an automatically sure thing. Courier services are far more reliable.

Truth - Same - I send stuff Registered all over, for years, costs 15-30 depending on location, gets locked each stop in special bins, signed in signed out. Still lose around 5% of packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
heres a question for the mail in voter fraud crowd or those who think the post office cant handle it..

Where do you think mail in ballots are sent? To be lost

heres My understanding they get sent to your local election boards . In the town where you live .and are counted my the same people who would cont the vote if you voted in person

Not some centralize mail in vote collection point ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

True - I have met these local people on elections boards and work for them. Nice folk, frequently retired, often far better at driving a light machinery than a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Voter fraud carries severe penalties.

Are your kids still registered at your home address?

So does heroin and illegal firearms, yet growth is exploding in both

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The ballots have to be approved with a signature match or they're tossed. I think about 5 states do primarily mail in ballots with no issues.

I think the bigger concern is Trump brazenly trying to undermine a fair election, break the USPS and generally cause chaos. Are they any institutions he won't try and sacrifice for his own interests?

Sure you think that is the bigger concern. Obama's Pre-COVID USPS would, of course, handled it swimmingly. All problems started with Trump.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: